yo who with me?
The 21 Best Exercises You Can Do At Home With No Equipment
WOD = Workout Of The Day
Exercises that activate each buttocks muscle :
- MEDIUS - Jumping Jacks
- MAXIMUS - Deep Lunges
- MINIMUS - Squats
Honestly, you need NOTHING else to get the butt you dream of, just these three exercises!
Tiffany Rothe is a fun, gorgeous WoC that hs the most awesomely not boring dance workouts
they’re short so they’re perfect for someone that hasn’t worked out in ages
POC Who Own Exercise Companies. So I wanna do some exercising for strength and flexibility. And it occurred to me from the twerking controversy that I had been buying from white ppl’s exercise companies for a while. So I went a-looking for poc owned exercise companies.
This is Hemalayaa. From her About Me page:
Hemalayaa teaches a unique combination of yoga and Indian dance in Los Angeles and travels the globe transforming lives through these practices. As a yogini, dancer and fitness educator, Hemalayaa has a natural gift for bringing out the joy and the dancer in everyone.
The daughter of Indian parents, Hema’s upbringing taught her that dance was important to health and well-being, and her yoga training began at home at an early age. Her first teacher was her father. She went on to study yoga, philosophy, and meditation.
A life devoted to yoga and dance animates Hemalayaa’s playful spirit. Laughter, her own and that of her students, is the trademark sound of her classes. Hema loves turning her students on to the vibrant styles of Indian dance, which is revolutionizing conscious movement.
(Make sure you stretch both sides! I like to do this routine twice on each side as I find myself a little looser after the first run through. Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds. )
Stretching for the Splits: Quick Guide
I get a lot of asks about how to achieve a split, so I took a couple quick videos today to help out anyone who is working toward this goal! These are my favorite side splits stretches. Here are a few things to keep in mind when stretching for the splits:
- Warm up fully before beginning to stretch! This is important. Warm muscles are much looser and more pliable than cold ones, and much less prone to injury. It’s best to save the stretching for after your workout, or if you aren’t planning on working out, do 5-10 minutes of a full body cardio session that gets your heart rate up. Jumping jacks, kicks, jogging around, running up and down the stairs, dancing to a fast song or two… whatever gets your blood flowing. I find it helpful to do some squats, lunges, and high-knees before stretching my legs as well.
- Try to keep the hips squared when you stretch.This means that both your hips will be facing forward, your legs should be nearly in line with each other, the knee and foot of the back leg will be facing the floor, and your torso should not twist out to the side. Think of pulling the back leg forward and the front leg back. Whether you perform your split squared or turned out/open will depend on your sport/dance style and aesthetic preference, but when stretching always aim for squared hips as it allows a deeper stretch.
- Stretch to the point of discomfort, NOT PAIN. Don’t hurt yourself! A pulled muscle can set back all of your progress for weeks or months, so listen to your body!
- Don’t stretch every day. My general rule is that if my muscles feel fine, I will stretch 2 days in a row, but try to give yourself a break at least every few days and especially if your muscles are very sore. Just like strength training, your body needs time to repair any muscles damage. Stretching too much can actually inhibit your progress. Light stretching however is ok every day.
- Be patient! Splits don’t happen overnight. It may take some 4 weeks and others 4 months and others 4 years, but keep at it and you will see results :)
Of course there are many many more stretches that you can do to help achieve your splits, but these are the basics that will target the hamstrings and hip flexors for your split. Make sure to vary your routine and add new stretches every so often!
This workout is perfect if you don’t have much time. You feel it everywhere. I usually squeeze in some ab work outs too.
Seems very doable til you actually do it, then you’re like daaaammnnn…but it is great when you’re short on time.
ULTIMATE WORK OUTS FOR YOUR BUTT
Barbell/dumbbell exercises - These are what you need to do with heavy weight if you want to make your butt BIGGER. Everything else will help make your butt rounder and firmer, but will not add significant size.
- romanian deadlifts
- squats (really deep, feet wide and pointed out, knees pointed out too)
- bulgarian split squats
- barbell glute bridges/hip thrusts
- high step ups
Cardio/plyometrics - This stuff is great for shaping your butt while challenging your heart at the same time.
- hill sprints
- squat jumps
- dynamic step ups
- lunge jumps
- box jumps
- plyo step ups
- lateral box jumps
- lateral box shuffles
- lateral bounding
- Brazil Butt Lift - the “bum bum” workout
- kneeling jump squats - these are on my “to try” list for when I’m stronger
Bodyweight exercises - I do these when I don’t have access to a gym. You can make these more challenging by holding heavy stuff like gallon jugs full of water.
- glute bridges (try single leg)
- hip thrusts (try single leg)
- pistol squats (there are hard!)
- single leg deadlifts
- glute ham raises (you’ll need something or someone to hold your feet)
- lunges (reverse, walking, etc.)
- bulgarian split squat
- high step ups
In honor of the olympics!
ATTENTION ALL GIRLS: We ALL know that the lower stomach is one of the very hardest places to burn fat and tone.
These are some terrific exercises to do in the morning and at night to burn those hard to tone areas!
Do this every morning when you wake up, and every night before you sleep. I guarantee you’ll see results in a week flat!
i reblogged this when it had like 300 notes!
shit i think im gonna do this XD
I do a lot of these every night. It works. =)
ive done alot of these before
Oh look what I found a twerk tutorial/workout